Thursday, December 14, 2006

Describe a family gathering

MEMORABLE FAMILY GATHERING
For some people, the family gathering is a regular activity in new year. We had a significant family gathering this year because that was my father's dying wish at the point of death. He hoped his all posterity, such as sons, daughters and grandchildren can come home and so on. So, we had a dinner party the third day of Chinese New Year's Day(2006). This was indeed the most memorable day of my life.

My father died a serious illness of lung in 12/28/2005. He was sick ever after he reached the age of sixty year olds. The first he just ill lightly, suddenly he became serious three years ago. Unfortunately, he could not pulled through the difficult illness to die last year. So, all people were very sad, especially my mother, who just lost the first daughter in October, subsequently she also lost her husband. My father loved his family and hoped we could have a party together in his life.

The family gathering was very affectingly. We prepared many delicious dishes. My mother was greatly glad when the thirty-seven childern came back to attend the party. Finally she gave the red envelopes to everybody except her sons and daughters. Meanwhile we videoed the lovely situation as a memory. I thought my father certainly enjoyed it in heaven.

This was my first family gathering for everybody since I born. I liked the party because it could promote and connect with our affections to each other. I hope we could have the gathering in the future new year.

1 comment:

Yuhsiuwriting said...

Good!

For some people, the family gathering is regular activity in new year.
-->is a regular...


Then we had a significant family gathering this year because that was my father's wish at the point of death.
-->Delete 'then'
-->dying wish




He hoped his all posterity came home together, such as son, daughter and grandchild and so on.
-->He...posterity, such as sons, daughters, and grandchildren can come home...

So, we had a dinner party on third day of Chinese New Year's Day(2006).
-->the thid day...


He was sick ever after sixty year olds.
-->after he reached the age of sixty.

The first he just ill lightly, suddenly he becomed serious ago three years.
-->three years ago.

Unfortunately, he could not pulled through the difficulty illness to died last year.
-->the difficul illness and died...

So, all people were very sadly.
-->sad
Especially my mother who lost the first daughter on October, (because her daughter died) subsequently she also lost her husband.
-->Combine these two sentences.
-->sad, especially my mother, who jsut....in October. Subsequently, ...

My father loved his families and hoped a party together in his life.
-->his family
-->hoped we could have ...


The family gathering was very affectingly. We prepared many delicious dishes to guest everybody.
-->delete 'to guest everybody'.



Finally she gave the red envelope to everybody except her sons and daughters.
-->red envelopes ...



This was my first family gathering for everbody since I born.
--> for everbody?


I liked the party because of it could promote and connect with our feeling.
-->becuase it...our affections to each other.